In this workshop specific performance skills such as voice, movement, characterisation, improvisation, ensemble and devising will be developed. Each term, a new performance skill will be introduced such as dance, singing, mime or puppetry, which will be demonstrated in an end of term showcase. This course is ideal for those students who are serious about acting and wish to begin developing solid skills. The classes are as much about the process as they are about the final showcase and performance.
Participants of the Performance Workshop can expect to:
- have a place to find their own voice and express their thoughts and ideas
- have a chance to explore alternative ways to present and tell stories
- make friends and learn to work closely as part of a group
- get a chance to try out new performance skills
- lay the foundation for the development of a well rounded actor
Autumn/Spring Schedule 2014-15
Term 1: Saturday 27th September – 6th December 2014
Term 2: Saturday 17th January – 21st March 2015
Term 3: Saturday 18th April – 20th June 2015
Ages & Times:
- All 8-10 years classes: 11:15am – 12:45pm
- All 11-13 years classes: 1:15pm – 2:45pm
- All 14-15 years classes: 3pm – 4:30pm
- All 16-19 years classes: 5pm – 6:30pm
Ages & Times:
- 7-10 years Drama/Performance Workshop: 11.30am – 1pm
- 11-13 years Performance Workshop 3pm – 4.30pm
PLEASE NOTE: Entrance to the Performance Workshop is by recommendation from our tutors only.
If you are moving up an age group or level, please consult reception on 01 6799277 to clarify before booking online.