Leaving Cert Study Companion
The Gaiety School of Acting Shakespeare in Schools Programme is designed for groups of Leaving Certificate students nationwide. Employing their theatrical and educational background, the GSA aims to support students in understanding their Shakespearean text for the exam.
For 2021 we have reimagined the Shakespeare in Schools Programme with an exciting package of creative and educational resources for Leaving Cert Students. Although live theatre is not possible for the foreseeable future, GSA endeavours to bring King Lear to life for the Leaving Cert audience through a full length filmed version of GSA’s King Lear, an in depth analysis of filmed scenes, cast interviews and live streamed Q&As with the creative team.
Our goal is to take King Lear off the page and into your classroom in as real a sense as possible.
What does the programme include?
Package One: €5 per student
- Access to the website whether in school or at home until their exams
- Hours of content available for you to use
- Key scenes filmed live in a theatre
- Analysis of the key scenes
- Video of traditional production of King Lear
- Live Stream Q and A workshop
- Video content exploring themes, cultural context and general vision and viewpoint
Once we receive payment you will receive further information and access to all resources.