Long Form Improvisation
Gaiety School of Acting Comedy Course in Dublin City Centre
Long Form Improvisation or long form improv as its also known has spawned an entire generation of the world’s biggest and brightest entertainers; Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Bill Murray and Mike Myers to name a few. In this course, you will be guided through all that makes this form an unrivaled tool for performers, writers, and directors. Long Form Improvisation is also a valid and engaging performance in its own right and the course culminates in a live performance for friends and family!
Participants of Long Form Improvisation Course will expect to learn:
- About finding and developing character
- How to work with emotional intent
- How to perform with clarity
- Confidence and stage presence
- How to listen with purpose
- How to bring out the inner ‘funny’
- How to give in to the group mind
- How to think on your feet!
Term 1: Oct 2nd – Dec 4th
Term 2: Jan 15th – Mar 18th
Term 3: Apr 8th – Jun 10th