Page to Stage
Bring the words of famous playwrights to life in this Evening Acting Class
Study acting skills needed to analyse script writing, text and character development – all vital elements for effective performance. Page to Stage focuses on the devising process and developing scene work for performance to a high level.
During the autumn/spring we run ten week courses. In summer, Page to Stage runs over five weeks to fit into busy holiday schedules.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn to approach and work with text creatively – plays are meant to be performed
- Be trained in how to approach text from the performance perspective
- Experience the investigation, repetition and emotional and physical exploration that is part of rehearsal
- Rehearse with scene partner: Imperative performance training – acting is a group activity
- Gain a better understanding of the actor-director relationship
- Bring scenes to performance level – and perform for an invited audience
- Follow on course available: Advanced Page to Stage
Thursdays 25th June to 23rd July
Thursdays 6th August to 3rd September