Telling My Story: Writing, Devising and Performing
What do you have to say? Why is it important? How are you going to tell it? This six week online course with the Gaiety School of Acting will give you the tools, the confidence and the medium in which to present your personal story. From scripting to development and finally performing, this course will culminate in a fully rounded 10 minute presentation of the story you have always wanted to tell.
You can sign up for this course with a spark of an idea that can be developed, or you can just be open to mining your creativity and imagination. GSA Tutor Donal Courtney is skilled at guiding students on their personal journey of creativity.
This course promises to be an eye-opening and transformative experience. You will be challenged, acquire new skills and meet new people.
Benefits and Learning
- Tap into your well of creativity
- Reflect on your strengths and unique qualities as a storyteller and performer
- Learn to analyse and critique your work and others in a safe, respectful environment
- Explore a variety of methods of articulating an idea in a performative way
- Consider, examine and experiment with the difference between digital and live performance
- Complete the course with a performance that can be enjoyed in and of itself, but which may also have potential for growth and development
Time: 8-9.30pm IST or 12pm-1.30pm IST
Dates: 27th October – December 1st
This course will be taught over Zoom. GSA has developed new and unique ways of teaching on the online platform since March 2020, with excellent feedback from students.