Stand-up Comedy Course
Learn how to be a comedian in Dublin City Centre
Work with professional comedians to develop your own authentic and unique stand-up routine and channel your inner funny! Over this 10 week evening course, tutors help you hone your own style and hilarious content with their constructive, honest feedback. The supportive class environment helps students build confidence – before performing your set for a live audience in a city-centre comedy club.
The course is best suited to those who have never performed stand-up comedy before or anyone who would like to build their confidence with public speaking or presentation skills.
Participants of Stand-Up Comedy can expect to learn:
- How to be comfortable on stage
- How to build audience rapport
- How to lead an audience
- How to relax your audience
- How to be likeable on stage
- How to develop material
- How to present yourself with effective movement
- How to deal with stage fright
- Storytelling skills
- Improvisation and on the spot thinking
- To be in control even when outside your comfort zone
Tuesday – Term 3: Apr 9th – June 11th
Wednesday – Summer Term: June 26th – Aug 28th
10 Week Course, 7-9pm
In Term 1, We were delighted to have ‘top DJ’ Tom Dunne for Newstalk 106fm take part in the course and broadcast his experience weekly on his show. You can listen to Tom’s podcast’s here and see pictures of Tom and his classmate’s performances at the workman’s club here.