Part-Time Advanced Performance Course
Tuesday & Thursday Evenings| October 2023 to June 2024
GSA Select is the final level in the GSA Part-time Training Suite. This course has been designed specifically for advanced students, giving them the opportunity to immerse themselves further in the field of creative performing arts.
This course takes place two evenings a week over the course of three terms. Entry to the course is audition only; the audition panel will assess the auditionee’s skill, suitability and commitment to the training.
This course will branch out into new performance skills, such as acting for the screen and radio. Select will also give you the space to advance your theatre skills in writing and directing your own unique devised pieces. Over the course of the year the GSA Select group will reflect on a variety of performance styles and interrogate their own relationship with the performing arts, as a creator and performer.
The course takes place over three terms from October to June. Classes take place two evenings a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Core Elements of the Course
- In Term One you will explore the following: Ensemble development and advanced exploration of classical and contemporary theatre texts
- Term Two will focus on Multi-media Performance Techniques: Radio, Screen, Audio-Visual
- The focus of Term Three will be introducing the group to Devising for performance
- You will attend at least one Theatre visit a year; ticket costs are included in your fees
- Membership of the Abbey Theatre Cameo Club
- Access to Drama Online, an extensive library of Plays and books on theatre
- Organised social gatherings every term (dependent on current government restrictions related to the covid-19 pandemic)
- Access and invites to exclusive GSA events
Term Two: January 2024-March 2024 | Term Three: April 2024-June 2024
€1950 (€650 per term)
All terms and policies can be found here.