Part-Time Beginners Performance Course
Monday and Wednesday Evenings | October 2021 to June 2022
GSA Start is the ideal beginners entry level course for people who are interested in embarking on their performance journey, but have limited experience.
This is a welcoming platform for adults of all ages totap into their creativity and to learn the basics of Acting for Stage. We have created this space for people to explore the performer within, meet like-minded people, and develop new skills.
Entry to this course is by interview only. Your interview will consist of an informal discussion about your goals and your aspired development as a performer.
The course takes place over three terms from October to June. Classes take place two evenings a week on Mondays and Wednesdays. Each group will work with a specific tutor throughout the three terms, while guest tutors will teach skills workshops over the course of the year.
GSA Start is the first level in our Part-Time Training Suite – find out more about the full Suite here.
- Introduction to the ensemble
- Rehearsal etiquette
- Beginners stagecraft
- Preliminary voice and movement
- Improvisation for Beginners
- Introduction to text work
- You will attend at least one Theatre visit a year; ticket costs are included in your fees
- Membership of the Abbey Theatre Cameo Club
- Access to Drama Online, an extensive library of Plays and books on theatre
- Organised social gatherings every term (dependent on current government restrictions related to the covid-19 pandemic)
- Access and invites to exclusive GSA events
Term One: October 2021-December 2021 | Term Two: January 2022-March 2022 | Term Three: April 2022-June 2022
€1950 (€650 per term)
In the event of social distance restrictions due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, classes may be moved to an online platform.
All terms and policies can be found here.