Career Opportunities with the Gaiety School of Acting
Hours: 8am – 4pm
Days: Monday – Friday
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland seeks an enthusiastic, driven and organised individual to fill the position of Head Receptionist. The candidate will have a proven track record in customer service and excellent communication skills. An integral role within the School, the Head Receptionist acts as first point of contact and provides administrative support across the company. The Head Receptionist is responsible for ensuring reception is adequately staffed at weekends and line manages all other reception staff. This post reports to the General Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Building: responsible for opening the building
- Staff Management: responsible for managing all reception staff, ensuring all staff are adequately trained, and that reception is covered at all times
- Customer Service: efficient handling of all calls, emails and walk-in customer queries relating to school information, course information, student registration, course booking, room booking, and appointments
- Administration: Support for course staff; attendance, photocopying, room bookings, distribution of class material. administrative support to the business including any other delegated tasks or duties from the Director and General Manager
- Sales: Assisting the marketing department in sales initiatives for forthcoming courses, including calls and email communications.
- Cash-handling: Managing all sales and reconciling cash at the end of the day
- Direct Debit: processing and reconciling all direct debits
- Accounting/database: fee payment collection and processing and daily cash sheet accounting.
- Switchboard: efficient handling and distribution of all in bound calls in a professional and accurate manner
- Collections: sensitive and accurate processing of invoices and the out-bound fee collections calls
- Communication/Escalation: hand over of information to the next shift, staff and business issues to the administrator (e.g. stationary orders required, repairs)
- Attendance: update database on class attendance and update full time attendance daily and inform Coordinator of update.
- Building Management: Management of studio bookings, Office maintenance and upkeep, DIY up keep
- Security: Responsible and appropriate response to any emergency that may occur during shift
- Personal Assistant: Assisting the Director with calls, messages, letter writing, travel arrangements or other tasks as deemed appropriate
- Audition preparation: arranging with the Director the audition dates and contacting all auditionees re their audition.
- Assist Marketing: forward all job info, interview request and picture requests to Marketing.
- Child protection and consent forms: assist coordinator in maintenance and upkeep of records.
- One year’s experience as a receptionist or in an administrative role
- Interest in the arts
- Excellent timekeeping
- Proven track record of using your initiative
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Sales experience welcome but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast and dynamic environment
- Polite phone manner
- Proficient computer skills, particularly word and excel
- Organisational skills
- Fluent English
Please email a copy of your CV and letter of application to email@example.com including two references.
The salary for this post is €30,000 per annum.
The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm Monday 14th June 2021
*Our work experience programme is on hold until further notice
We will not be accepting any work experience students for 2020 or 2021, without exception