Career Opportunities with the Gaiety School of Acting
MUSICAL THEATRE TUTOR
Days: Saturdays/ Sundays
Venue: Teaching posts will be delivered in Temple Bar, Malahide or
Purpose and Scope of the Post:
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland is seeking
passionate, skilled, trained and creative musical theatre tutors to deliver a wide variety
of young gaiety drama classes for students aged 4-18 years of age. We require cover
for the term starting January 2023.
Young Gaiety Tutor Responsibilities Include:
- Working with the school to develop class content and plans
- Delivery of 10 week class plan structure in advance to School Coordinator
- Keeping accurate records of attendance in class by students
- Providing a full update and student report to the Coordinator twice per term
- Ensuring all Young Gaiety Rules and Regulations are adhered to by students
whilst in the building
- Attending all mandatory training including annual Child Protection training
- Being courteous and helpful to all students, parent/guardians and school visitors
- The successful applicant will ensure their classes are run according to Gaiety School Of
Acting policies, guidelines and procedures and that the Gaiety School of Acting’s
Guidelines For The Protection Of Children are implemented correctly.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Fluent English
- Enthusiastic and demonstrable passion for theatre in education
- Possesses an acting qualification encompassing at least two years study.
Certificate or Degree in Acting or Musical Theatre is preferred.
- Training in facilitation preferred but not essential
- Ability to lead classes in singing, acting and dance
- Has at least one year prior experience of facilitating workshops and teaching
musical theatre to children aged 4-18 years
- Has prior experience of developing and delivering musical theatre programmes
for young people
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and be able to develop and maintain
effective working relationships
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the ethos of the Gaiety
School of Acting
- An ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact and a comfort in
working with children is essential
- An ability to develop games and exercises that focus the student and improve
their performance skills
- The ability to plan and deliver ninety minute classes per term which achieve the
aims set out in Young Gaiety guidelines
Terms of Employment:
These roles are line managed by The School Coordination Team and the General
Manager. Rates of pay are €37 per hour. Tutors get approached to do hours as and
when needed and agreed in advance.
To apply to be a Young Gaiety Tutor for The Gaiety School of Acting, simply email
email@example.com with a cover letter and copy of your CV. Please write
your name and ‘Young Gaiety’ in the subject line to denote which role is preferred.
Successful candidates will need to be Garda Vetted for the role and provide
Deadline for applications 5pm 2nd December.
*Our work experience programme is on hold until further notice
We will not be accepting any work experience students for 2021 or 2022, without exception.