Career Opportunities with the Gaiety School of Acting
School Coordinator Assistant
Hours: 10am – 6pm
Days: 5 days a week, Tuesday – Saturday
Purpose and Scope of the Post:
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland is seeking an enthusiastic, efficient and creative Coordinator Assistant to support the School’s Coordination and Administration Department. This post reports directly to the School Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Manage Fee Collection
- Administration and coordination of Direct Debit mandates
- Ensuring all staff are Garda Vetted and up to date in Child Protection training, and booking training where applicable.
- Assigning Tutors to classes, finding cover if and when appropriate
- Implementing and enforcing policies and procedures relating to governance and course delivery
- Assisting with the preparation and dissemination of all paperwork for students prior to commencement
- Booking of venues and staffing appropriately for classes and events
- General administrative duties
- Scheduling and booking of theatre visits and lectures
- Any other duties as agreed with the Co-ordinator or General Manager as deemed necessary
- Developing and maintaining good communication with all tutors to facilitate improved feedback and awareness of course/student issues
- Assist in the coordination of one staff meeting per term for each of the programme areas
- Assist the coordinator with all showcase performance management through meeting with tutors, identifying requirements, communicating with admin staff, obtaining sign off on expenses, and managing the communication with students.
- Ensure that Performance Theatre Company, Youth Theatre Company and Musical Theatre Company performances are properly resourced and prepared for.
- Front of House Duties as required.
Essential skills and experience:
- High level of literacy, communication and organisational skills
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time management
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Works on initiative
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an administrative role
- Knowledge of and interest in arts/theatre/education
Salary and Hours:
The salary for this post is €26,000. This post is 40 hours per week.
Work outside these hours may be required. No overtime is payable, however time in lieu is offered.
Please email a copy of your CV and letter of application to email@example.com including two references.
The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm Wednesday 26th June 2019