Career Opportunities with the Gaiety School of Acting
School Coordinator (Maternity Leave)
Hours: 10am – 6pm
Days: 5 days a week, Monday – Friday
Purpose and Scope of the Post:
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland is seeking an efficient, organised, personable and creative School Coordinator to effectively lead and manage the administration of the school’s courses. This post reports directly to the General Manager.
This is a fixed term contract covering a maternity leave, starting February 2020 and running until November 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
● Manage the Coordination team. The role is line manager to two full time assistant posts
● Effectively manage the administration and coordination of all courses carried out by GSA
● Recruiting and assigning Tutors to classes, finding cover if and when appropriate
● Implementing and enforcing policies and procedures relating to governance and course delivery
● Ensuring all teaching staff are properly training and vetted
● Assisting with the preparation and dissemination of all paperwork for students prior to commencement
● Booking of venues and staffing appropriately for classes and events
● General administrative duties
● Resourcing venues and classes effectively with the necessary casual host staff
● Scheduling of timetables for all programmes in line with the annual programme of events
● Schedule Audition dates with Director and tutors for all courses
● Preparation of a bi-weekly report on: Course Issues, Students Issues, Admin
● Advertise and coordinate interviews with prospective new teaching staff
● Developing and maintaining good communication with all tutors to facilitate improved
feedback and awareness of course/student issues
● Arrange, chair, and supply minutes on 1 Staff meeting per term for each of the
● Any other duties as agreed with the General Manager and Director or as deemed
- Documentation of course content for 2 Year Full Time Programme, part time courses adult and Young Gaiety, all International Programmes including IES Fall/Spring
- Development of all relevant courses content in response to consultation with staff and students
- Creation of new programmes domestically and internationally in partnership with recognised institutions/universities as required
Student Liaison & Care:
- Developing and maintaining good communication with students to facilitate improved feedback and awareness of course/student issues
- Management of assessment and feedback collation of students
- Any other duties relating to courses as assigned to you by the General Manager or Director.
Promotion & Communications:
● Developing and maintaining good communication with all tutors to facilitate improved feedback and awareness of course/student issues
● Working closely with the Head of Marketing regarding course promotion
● Work towards achieving Student Retention targets
● Provision of suitable brochure copy for promotion of courses
● Provision of suitable brochure copy for promotion of productions
- Manage all showcase performances through meeting with tutors, identifying requirements, communicating with admin staff, obtaining sign off on expenses, and managing the communication with students.
- Ensure that Performance Theatre Company, Youth Theatre Company and Musical Theatre Company performances are properly resourced and prepared for.
- Front of House Duties as required.
Essential skills and experience:
● High level of literacy, communication and organisational skills
● Finely tuned people skills
● Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
● Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time management
● Problem solving skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously
● Team player
● Fluent English
● Works on initiative
● Minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative role
● Previous experience in an educational setting
● Knowledge of and interest in arts/theatre/education
Salary and Hours:
The salary for this post is €40,000 per annum pro rata. This post is 40 hours per week.
Work outside these hours may be required. No overtime is payable, however time in lieu is offered.
Please email a copy of your CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org including two references.
The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm Wednesday 29th January 2020.