Career Opportunities with the Gaiety School of Acting
(Temporary Contract – 10 months, June 2022 – March 2023)
The Gaiety School of Acting is seeking an enthusiastic, efficient and creative Marketing Manager. The candidate will have a proven track record in Public Relations and Marketing in an education or arts environment. The Marketing Manager will report to the General Manager and the Directors.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive marketing strategy for the GSA with a view to promoting the organisation’s national and international programmes while also launching new initiatives designed to raise its profile.
In particular, the duties of the Marketing Manager will be:
- To develop and implement an effective marketing & branding strategy for the Gaiety School of Acting.
- To build the reputation of the Two Year Professional Actor Training Programme.
- To creatively promote all of the School’s programmes and activities at a Local, National and International level.
- To continually explore all opportunities for developing Young Gaiety and part-time adult programmes throughout Ireland.
- Writing and dissemination of press releases.
- Oversee all Social Media including Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok and Youtube, and identify new opportunities and emerging digital platforms.
- To work with designers to oversee the preparation, design and production of all printed publicity material (flyers, posters, brochures etc.) for the school.
- To oversee updating and content management of the school’s website ensuring the maximum effectiveness of that key marketing tool.
- Managing uploading of events to the CRM (Spektrix) and customer analysis via same.
- Compiling and distributing regular e-zines
- To monitor the effectiveness of all print and advertising and to maximise the effect of all publicity and advertising expenditure for the school.
- To be responsible for data collection and effective analysis and use of customer data collected and for monitoring and evaluating marketing activities for the school.
- To develop the GSA sales team through retraining, customer service skills and honing their sales pitch and ensuring that they are familiar with all GSA products.
- To develop awareness of GSA’s international programmes and to foster new relationships with universities based in USA and beyond.
- To assist the Educate team with the promotion of Outreach programmes throughout the country, including Erasmus plus projects and the Shakespeare in Schools programme.
- Work alongside the Corporate and Development Manager to promote the school’s extensive corporate training programmes.
- To assist the Programme Coordinator with the promotion of the school’s showcases and productions.
- Liaising with Alumni to create content for the school’s marketing campaigns.
- Line management of the marketing team, consisting of Digital Media Associate and Social Media Assistant
- Ongoing monitoring of the Irish media for news relating to Graduates
- Any other duties relating to courses as assigned to you by the director.
- Substantial experience in public relations and marketing
- Excellent writing, verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe products, Web Management software and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Have an abiding interest in theatre and all the performing arts
- Ability to network and be an ambassador for GSA
- Experience with social media and digital marketing
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and experience in copywriting
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Works on initiative
€40,000 pro rata for a 12 month contract
20 per annum
Contract & Working Hours
12 month contract. Full time working week totalling 40 hours to be delivered from Monday to Friday between the office hours of 10am – 6pm with occasional evening and weekend work required. Time off in lieu as per company policy.
All applicants should send a cover letter and CV for the attention of the General Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 5pm on Wednesday June 1st 2022
Part-Time Daytime Receptionist
Days: Monday – Wednesday
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland seeks an enthusiastic, and organised individual to fill the position of Part-Time Receptionist. The candidate will have a proven track record in customer service and excellent communication skills. The Receptionist acts as the first point of contact and provides administrative support across the company. This post reports to the Head Receptionist.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Building: responsible for opening the building in a timely manner for classes to begin
- Customer Service: efficient and professional handling of all calls, emails and walk-in customer queries relating to school information, course information, student registration, course booking, room booking, and appointments
- Administration: Support for course staff; attendance, photocopying, room bookings, distribution of class material. Administrative support to the business including any other delegated tasks or duties from the Director and General Manager
- Sales: Assisting the marketing department in sales initiatives for forthcoming courses, including calls and email communications.
- Cash-handling: Managing sales and reconciling cash at the end of the day
- Direct Debit: processing and reconciling all direct debits
- Accounting/database: fee payment collection and processing and daily cash sheet accounting.
- Switchboard: efficient handling and distribution of all inbound calls in a professional and accurate manner
- Collections: sensitive and accurate processing of invoices and the out-bound fee collections calls
- Communication/Escalation: hand over of information to the next shift
- Attendance: update database on class attendance and update full time attendance daily and inform Coordinator of update.
- Building Management: Management of studio bookings, Office maintenance and upkeep, DIY up keep
- Security: Responsible and appropriate response to any emergency that may occur
- Audition preparation: arranging with the Director the audition dates and contacting all auditionees re their audition.
- Assist Marketing: forward all job info, interview request and picture requests to Marketing.
- Child protection and consent forms: assist coordinator in maintenance and upkeep of records.
- One year’s experience as a receptionist or in an administrative role
- Interest in the arts
- Excellent timekeeping
- Proven track record of using your initiative
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Sales experience welcome but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast and dynamic environment
- Polite phone manner
- Proficient computer skills, particularly word and excel
- Organisational skills
- Fluent English
Please email a copy of your CV and letter of application to email@example.com including two references.
The rate of pay is €10.50 an hour. This is a 24 hour week contract.
The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm Wednesday 1st of June 2022
*Our work experience programme is on hold until further notice
We will not be accepting any work experience students for 2021 or 2022, without exception.