Shakespeare Schools Programme 2019
Performance tailored for Leaving Certificate English students
Shakespeare in Schools Programme on RTE News2day
The Gaiety School of Acting has been running a Shakespeare in Schools Programme. pic.twitter.com/JXEu7S4pfm
— RTÉ news2day (@news2dayRTE) November 23, 2018
2019 marks the seventh year of the Gaiety School of Acting’s Shakespeare Schools Programme. This Autumn we return with Hamlet, offering more Leaving Certificate students nationwide the opportunity to experience their Shakespeare text as it was meant to be experienced – live on stage. Professionally directed and performed, our productions promise to engage, excite and incite in students a new and invigorated interest in their studied text.
Shows take place every day at 9.30am and 1pm and all bookings include:
- Traditional production of Hamlet (1.5 Hours).
- Directors Insight workshop (1 Hour) which features a Q&A session with the cast about relationships, characters and themes.
- An in-depth Student Workbook with information on general vision and viewpoint, the role of women in the play, exploration of the idea of death, symbols, an introduction to the main characters and theatrical information.
- Pre-show video for your students which will introduce them to the play, featuring interviews with the play’s director and the actor playing Hamlet, the cultural impact of Hamlet, the revenge genre and exploration of the idea of a tragic hero.
- New for 2019 – Post Show Video of Key Scenes and Soliloquies
Dean Crowe Theatre, Athlone: 22nd – 25th October
Smock Alley Theatre, Dublin: 4th – 8th November
The Firkin Crane, Cork: 11th – 15th November
Smock Alley Theatre, Dublin: 18th -22nd November
2018 TEACHER FEEDBACK
“Snappily directed, well paced, well acted.”
“The workshop with students is an excellent
opportunity to engage with their studied play”
“Excellent as always. Fantastic feedback from students.”
“A fabulous show – My students and I really enjoyed it – this will really help them in their appreciation of the play. We look forward to future productions.”
Gemma Moran, Terence MacSwiney Community College, Cork
“Most enjoyable. It was an excellent production.”
Maura Connelly, Roscommon Community College
“Our students have thoroughly enjoyed attending the performances.”
Catherina Cullen, Coolmine Community School
To book email Shakespeare@gaietyschool.com or call 016799277* Extension 23 and ask to speak with Rebecca.
Booking info: email@example.com
For programme queries or to speak directly to the Programme Coordinator contact The Gaiety School of Acting on 01 6799277
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter and see News2day’s feature on last year’s production here.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
A €50 non-refundable Administration Charge is required on Booking (This is deducted from the total cost)
No booking is final until full payment has been received by The Gaiety School of Acting
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded.
Tickets may be exchanged for another performance subject to availability.
Management reserve the right to cancel any performance without prior notice. In this event, tickets may be exchanged or refunded in full.
Management reserve the right to make essential changes to cast or programme without prior notice.