Production tailored for Leaving Certificate English students
This programme has been established to grant Leaving Certificate students nationwide the opportunity to experience their Shakespeare text as it was meant to be experienced – live on stage. Professionally directed and performed, our productions promise to engage, excite and incite in students a new and invigorated interest in their studied text.
Shows take place every day at 9.30am and 1pm and all bookings include:
- Traditional production of Leaving Certificate prescribed play (1.5 Hours).
- Directors Insight workshop (1 Hour) which features a Q&A session with the cast about relationships, characters and themes.
- An in-depth Student Workbook with information on general vision and viewpoint, the role of women in the play, exploration of the idea of death, symbols, an introduction to the main characters and theatrical information.
- Pre-show video for your students which will introduce them to the play, featuring interviews with the play’s director and some of the cast, the cultural impact of the play, the revenge genre and exploration of the idea of a tragic hero.
- Post Show Video of Key Scenes and Soliloquies.
2020 Show Dates
To be announced – email Shakespeare@gaietyschool.com to be added to our mailing list.
Previous Teacher Feedback
“Snappily directed, well paced, well acted.”
“The workshop with students is an excellent
opportunity to engage with their studied play”
“Excellent as always. Fantastic feedback from students.”
“A fabulous show – My students and I really enjoyed it – this will really help them in their appreciation of the play. We look forward to future productions.”
Gemma Moran, Terence MacSwiney Community College, Cork
For programme queries or to speak directly to the Programme Coordinator contact The Gaiety School of Acting on 01 6799277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list and to be notified of our 2020 dates for King Lear.
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter and see News2day’s feature on last year’s production here.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
A €50 non-refundable Administration Charge is required on Booking (This is deducted from the total cost)
No booking is final until full payment has been received by The Gaiety School of Acting
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded.
Tickets may be exchanged for another performance subject to availability.
Management reserve the right to cancel any performance without prior notice. In this event, tickets may be exchanged or refunded in full.
Management reserve the right to make essential changes to cast or programme without prior notice.