This musical theatre class is ideal for children with a strong interest in performance and musical theatre, who would like to gain confidence in their vocal technique, along with dancing and acting skills. Students will also work on text, bringing well known scenes and routines to performance level. No previous experience is required, as vocal training will be given to suit each individual student’s needs. All you need is enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn.
Please Note: Dependent on Government regulations on Covid-19 classes may take place on Zoom. We will update regularly here on GSA’s response to government Covid-19 restrictions.
Participants of Musical Theatre Workshop can expect to:
- Boost their confidence and creativity
- Strengthen existing talents and find new ones
- Use taught techniques to communicate, not only vocally, but physically with an audience.
- Explore and develop the craft of delivering a musical theatre song in a real, natural and personal style
- Present well known scenes and songs from current musicals
- Keep fit
‘I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything you have done over the past ten weeks. I really appreciate everything you have done. From the moment I walked through GSA’s doors, I instantly knew I would be happy here and I would have fun. The past ten weeks have been very eye-opening for me, I have regained the confidence in myself and my ability of singing and acting. When I wake up every Saturday morning I remember that I will jump on a bus into town to see my new friends and do the thing I love most – performing.’ – Musical Theatre Workshop, April 2020