Musical Theatre Workshop
Dance, Acting and Singing Training for kids aged 7-18 years
This musical theatre class is ideal for kids and teens with a strong interest in performance and musical theatre, who would like to gain confidence in their vocal technique, along with dancing and acting skills. Students will also work on text, bringing well known scenes and routines to performance level for a showcase at the end of the term. No previous experience is required, as vocal training will be given to suit each individual student’s needs. All you need is enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn. At the end of each term students will perform a short in-house showcase for family and friends.
Students aged 16+ who have completed more than one term of Musical Theatre Workshop are invited to audition for our prestigious Musical Theatre Company.
Participants of Musical Theatre Workshop can expect to:
- Boost their confidence and creativity
- Strengthen existing talents and find new ones
- Use taught techniques to communicate, not only vocally, but physically with an audience.
- Explore and develop the craft of delivering a musical theatre song in a real, natural and personal style
- Present well known scenes and songs from current musicals
- Keep fit
Day: Saturdays | Location: Temple Bar
Term 2 | 11th Jan – 14th Mar
Term 3 | 4th Apr – 13th Jun
6 – 7 years: 11.15am – 12.15pm (€160 per term) | 8 – 10 years: 12.30pm – 2.00pm (€200 per term) | 11 – 13 years: Saturday 2.30pm – 4.00pm (€200 per term) | 14 – 18 years: Saturday 6pm – 7.30pm (€200 per term)