Acting for Camera 2: Practical Skills
Advanced Screen-Acting Training in Dublin City Centre
Students will have already completed Acting for Camera 1 and will be introduced to the technical requirements of film as well as the basic analytical skills used to explore script. By working intensely on a film scene, and monologue students will develop an understanding for the following:
Participants of Acting for Camera 2 can expect to learn:
- Assessing your work productively.
- Breaking a scenes down into beats based on character want and need.
- Subtext: what it is and how to it’s communicated through behaviour.
- Scene shaping through rehearsals.
- Shots: what they are, the different sizes, and how to adjust the performance according to the size of the shot.
- The crucial importance of the reaction shot.
- Framing: what it is and how it relates to performance.
- Private preparation: what to do and what to avoid.
- Adjusting the performance for camera.
- Vocal requirements for film.
- Basic audition techniques.
Term 1: 18th Oct – 6th Dec (Fridays)
Term 2: 31st Jan – 20th May (Fridays)
Term 3: 24th Apr – 12th Jun (Fridays)
8 Weeks (7-10pm)