Acting for Beginners
This course is for those wishing to start their journey to the stage! Designed for complete beginners, this course will give you the opportunity to learn the basics of Acting, while meeting new people and developing transferable skills.
Taking place one evening a week, each term lasts ten weeks. Your tutor will be a skilled acting coach with years of training and experience working in the theatre and film industry.
The course takes place over three terms – we recommend that students commit to three terms for optimal learning opportunities.
Benefits & Learning
- Learn basic improvisation skills
- Build your confidence
- Become more aware of your command over voice and body
- Experience the energy and excitement of ensemble work
- Develop new friendships and connections
- Be trained in how to approach text from the performance perspective
- Gain a better understanding of the actor-director relationship
- Work on a monologue
- Learn how to work effectively with a scene partner
When: Tuesdays, 8.00pm – 10.00pm
Term One: October 2020-December 2020 | Term Two: January 2021-March 2021 | Term Three: April 2021-June 2021
Where: GSA in Temple Bar
Fee: €325 per term